The new Wavetrac® is a helical-gear limited-slip differential, but unlike other gear differentials, the Wavetrac® was designed from a clean sheet using state-of-the-art knowledge and engineering to be a better differential than any other.
Wavetrac gives you quicker acceleration and faster cornering by driving both drive wheels instead of just one. And, it offers improved no-load performance when compared to other helical gear differentials on the market.
• Enhanced No-Load Bias Ratio via Special Wave Mechanism
• Interchangeable Friction/Bias Plates
• Designed & Manufactured in the USA
• Case-Hardened Billet Steel Housings and High Quality 9310 Steel Gears
• Assembled Exclusively using ARP® High Strength Fasteners
• Limited LIFETIME Warranty
PLEASE NOTE: Ring gears are welded to the differential on the 1 and 3 series vehicles made after March of 2007. This means you will have to purchase a new ring gear from BMW to use with the Wavetrac diff or have an installer take the ring gear off your BMW diff and use it with the Wavetrac. Also BMW does not sell the bearings for the Differential separately. Please Use caution or the correct tools while removing the bearings. This has only been confirmed for the 540i, call your local dealer to check on bearing availability.